Starting a Podcast: The Basics
Updated: Aug 18, 2022
I get a lot of messages about how to start a podcast and what advice I might have.
Image by florantevaldez from Pixabay.
So, here it is:
1. Don’t play the wait and debate game. Just start it.
2. Starting is easy. Continuously producing content is hard. So plan!
3. Don’t do it all yourself. It’s ok to have someone help with topic ideation, music, editing, etc.
4. Use a variety of social outlets to promote it and find guests. Finding guests can be pretty easy when you have a compelling topic.
5. You don’t have to buy fancy equipment. But you do need a good mic and sound card.
7. Research host servers and pick the one that fits your needs. I use Buzzsprout.
8. Have fun with it. If it stops being fun then don’t keep doing it.
Click here to view the post on LinkedIn.